Warm Audio WA76 Class A Limiting Amplifier
WA76 - Class A Line Level Limiting Amplifier with All Solid-
The Warm Audio WA76 is a faithful reproduction of the classic 1176 rev D. The 1176 is a studio legend in its own right. You wont find many studios without at least one and has been used on hundreds of hit records. With a fully discrete signal path and Cinemag transformers the WA76 delivers premium boutique inspired compresson at a price even home studio enthusiasts can afford. The Warm Audio reproduction is so good some customers even prefer it over the original.
- - Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- - True to the Classic '76 compressor in design and performance.
- - Completely discrete signal path.
- - Modeled after the D revision.
- - Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting.
- - Ultra fast attack time.
- - Class A line level output amplifier.
- - Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating).
- - Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz.
- - XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs.
- - 50db of gain.
- - Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting.
- - Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm.
- - EIN -104.1 dbm.
- - Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds.
- - Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second.
- - Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output.
- - Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer.
- - 19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U.
- - 1-year warrant
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|
AmazingBy: Kaz (Staff) on 16 June 2018I've had one of these for 18 months now and it absolutely rocks on snare, Kick and bass. Every studio should have at least one of these!
1176 For Real?By: Eli on 7 March 2018Have been using this compressor on 2 albums for tracking on snare drum, can honestly say its as close as it gets to real 1176 without the price tag, its also very transparent can see why its won a bunch of awards. Highly recommend this if you're after an 1176 clone but don't have the cash for a real one or if you're looking for a nice compressor to add to you're outboard gear collection.