Warm Audio TB12500 Tone Beast 12 Double Wide 500 Pre Amp
Warm Audio Tone Beast 12 Double Wide 500 Pre Amp Standalone
The Tone Beast is a great mic pre with loads of gain that can effortlessly capture an array of sources very well. With top notch CineMag transformers and multiple discrete signal paths, it's hard to beat its big, bold, fully-professional sound at its price.
The Tone Beast is a mic pre that likes to be pushed and when pushed will colorize your signal ever so sweetly. The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the pre into harmonic distortion, the unique character of each of these components becomes apparent. Additionally the Tone Beast is customizable and allows for other opamps to be sourced and easily swapped into the unit.The output control on the TB12 allows you to limit the signal exiting the preamp even when pushing the gain to really hot levels, giving you maximum control.
- Utilizes premium grade CineMag USA Transformers
- 71db of gain
- Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character,
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of he output transformer from the circuit
- Discrete Opamp selection allows for choosing between a 1731 (vintage) and 918 (cleaner) style opamp. These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps.
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance.
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4" output jack.
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrlytic for different characters.
- 80Hz hi-pass filter
- Polarity reverse
- +48 volt phantom power
- Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers.
- 1/4" insert for the use of inline compressors/eq's etc.
- Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and 1/4" instrument inputs.
- Balanced XLR and TRS outputs.
- -20db Pad
- LED VU Meter
- Compatible with standard 500 series racks
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|