The NTR active ribbon microphone is unlike any ribbon microphone ever created. The unique design places the ribbon distinctly separate to the microphone frame and body allowing the greatest possible acoustic transparency around the ribbon element and minimizing resonance. The ribbon element itself is designed completely from scratch using extremely fine aluminum that is only 1.8 microns thick - one of the thinnest ribbons in existence. An innovative, in-house, proprietary technique was developed to laser cut the ribbon giving a level of precision and accuracy never before seen in a ribbon microphone.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- Ten year extended warranty with online registration
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|
Dark & Smooth - Staff ReviewBy: Kaz Hamilton on 11 May 2016Rode did a really good job on this one. Its an active ribbon so no need for a Ribbon pre with loads of gain and no 48V dramas. It has a nice smooth dark character so perfect for Horns, Piano, Acoustic Guitar etc. I've had great results on electric guitar too. Ribbons have a lot of body to them so they lend themselves well to electric guitar if you need a more full sound with a rolled off top end. They also make amazing room mics if you have a pair.