A popular workhorse harmonica for over 40 years, the Hohner Special 20 Classic harmonica features great response, superior bending, and a rich tone. Sporting a durable, airtight, plastic comb, it has become the harmonica of choice for musicians that enjoy a wide variety of genres from country and folk, to rhythm and blues.
The plastic comb doesn’t absorb moisture making it longer lasting. Harp of choice of harmonica virtuoso John Popper (of Blues Traveler) and played by Bob Dylan on his 2007/08 tour.
- "G" key
- Diatonic harmonica
- Harmonica Pocket Guide Included
- 30 Days Free Lesson Offer. See the pocket guide for details.
- German craftsmanship provides superior response
- Precision molded plastic comb for unmatched comfort and durability
- Recessed reed plates and airtight design for consistent high performance
- The package includes a Hohner Harmonica Product Guide and a 30 Days Free Lesson Offer. See the pocket guide for details.
A Frequently Asked Question: What Key Should I choose?
This question comes up almost every day. The easy answer is this.
For beginners, most books will use the key of C. We recommend that you stay with a C until you are ready to move on.
For Playing The Blues: Many blues harmonica songs use the 'second position', where the harmonica key is different to the key of the song. For these songs, you will need a harmonica that is a FOURTH above the song key. For example, a blues song in G would use a C harp.
Here is a list of the keys for blues players.
Song Key > Harmonica Key
A > D
Bb > Eb
B > E
C > F
C# > F#
D > G
Eb > Ab
E > A
F > Bb
F# > B
G > C
Ab > Db
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|