The DW 5500 hihat stands are offered as either a 3-legged stands (DW5500D) or as a 2-legged version (DW5500TD), where the footplate becomes the third-leg (preferred by players using double kick pedals, who require the extra room created by having two hihat legs rather than three)
The 5500D is a heavy-duty hihat stand recommended for the working professional drummer. The stand itself can be thought of as a stripped down version of the 9000 series hihat stands. The 5500 offers all the strength and quality of the 9000's, but without all the bells and whistles, which some players arent after anyway.
- Delta Ball-Bearing Hinge: Made from a lightweight aluminium, DW's patented Hinge design is a secret to the enduring success of the 5000 series hihat stand.
- Bearing Link Connector: This component connects the footboard to the pull-rod and is designed in a way that reduced friction and retains sensitivity
- Hinged Memory Locks: Place on each tube joint, the player can quickly reset the exact setup position of the stand, time after time
- Lateral Cymbal Seat: Used for adjusting the bottom cymbal angle, this is possible from the SIDE of the stand. (rather than typically having to do so from underneath) This small detail makes a big difference.
- Upper Rods come standard in two lengths (21" and 15"), allowing you to customize the Hi-Hat Stand for your specific needs.
- The SM379 Locking Clutch: A simple, durable clutch that doesnt come loose and enable precise dialling-in of cymbal washiness.
- Swivel Legs allow easy positioning.
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|