The parts of the CharterOak SA538B are machined from solid brass and high quality electronic components are used throughout.
The process of creating a CharterOak SA538B Condenser Microphone is started by hand under the strict supervision of CharterOak personnel. Under that supervision the parts are quality checked and assembled at our facility in Connecticut.
The microphones are finished and the parts are quality checked a second time by experienced engineers. The process involves a seven (7) day burn in of the vacuum tube and no less than ½ hour spent with each microphone in a studio environment. Careful listening tests employ high quality microphone preamplifiers and high resolution monitoring systems. Quality checks on every component of each kit complete the process.
It is only after this exhaustive finishing and quality control process is complete, that an SA538B will be cleared for sale to the customer.
From the research and development to the delivery of every SA538B, it is this attention to detail that makes the SA538B truly unique in its class.
- The microphone is delivered with a lifetime warranty on all parts and labor and easy access to factory technical support.
- Acoustical Operating Principle Pressure Gradient
- Diaphragm Dual 1.07" 6 micron thick gold sputtered Mylar
- Frequency Response 25Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity 12mV/Pa 0dB=1V/Pa@1kHz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8, and intermediate stages selectable from power supply
- Impedance < 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load > 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise 20dB A weighted IEC651
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level 125dB for 0.5% total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz
- Power Requirements Custom supply 115V or 230V operation with IEC type 2 AC Cable
- Connection between
- Mic & Power Supply 7 pin XLR
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|