In contrast to many other affordable tube microphones, the P820 Tube delivers real tube sound quality thanks to the dual one-inch large diaphragm capsule and the sophisticated advanced ECC83 dual-triode circuitry.
The elegant remote control unit allows selection of 9 different pickup patterns and controls the switchable bass-cut filter and the attenuation pad. Moreover, a ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary.
It comes complete with a spider-type shock mount and a metal carrying case.
AKG’s industry–leading Perception Series of condenser microphones are recognized for their outstanding quality and versatile capabilities at an affordable price and the new series of Mics is no different.
The P820 Tube raises the bar in its class – It shows real tube sound, the highest dynamic range, the most comprehensive features and comes complete with useful accessories at an unbeatable price.
- Type 1-inch dual-diaphragm, true condenser pressuregradient
- Polar pattern omnidirectional, cardioid, figure eight plus six intermediate patterns (selectable on Remote Control Unit)
- Frequency range 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV ±3 dB)
- Max. SPL 135/155 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB-A
- Preattenuation pad -20 dB (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Bass cut filter slope 12 dB/Oktave, 80 Hz (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Electrical Impedance: <= 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >= 1000 Ohms
- Powering via Remote Control Unit
- Connector dedicated 7-pin male XLR
- Dimensions 53 dia. x 212 mm high (2 x 8.3 in.)
- Net weight 870 g / 1.9 lbs.
- Remote Control Unit Audio/control input: dedicated 7-pin female XLR connector
- Audio output: standard 3-pin male XLR connector,balanced, pin 2 hot
- Polar pattern selector: 9-position detented rotary switch
- Switchable bass-cut filter eliminates rumble or footfall noise
- Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
- Signal to Noise: 75 dB-A
- Primary fuse: 125 mA / 250 V slow-blow
|Unit Of Measure||EACH|
Cream! - Staff ReviewBy: Kaz Hamilton on 11 May 2016As far as value for money goes the 820 tube mic really delivers!!!! Tube warmth all day. We A/B'd this mic against a bunch of other tube mics worth up to 3 times as much and this thing punched well above its weight everytime. It's also a really versatile mic. I've had amazing results on Vocals, Horns and Guitar both electric and acoustic. If you're in the market for a new mic or want to add some of that tube warmth to your recordings then the 820 is the mic for you!!!